Friday, March 8, 2013

I Didn't Do My Homework Because...

I Didn’t Do My Homework Because…

            “You see Mr. Van Camp,” I stated, “I did in fact do my homework.”
            “Sure you did.” Mr. Van Camp exclaimed.
            “I did though!” I proclaimed, “I sat at the kitchen table and worked on it more than I’ve ever worked on anything before!”
            “Okay, so where did it end up then?” Mr. Van Camp quickly asked.
            “As I was working,” I started, “My mom walked in and asked what I was working on. I told her it was just English homework.”
Mr. Van Camp answered in a strained tone,
“Just English homework? It is much more than that!”
  “I no!” I proclaimed, “I only told her that so she wouldn’t read it and this wouldn’t happen!”
“So what wouldn’t happen?”
“Well you see, she ended up reading my homework and took it to get it laminated and then framed!” I explained.
“And why would she do that?” he asked.
“She told me that it was too good for the fridge and had to be hung on the wall.”
Mr. Van Camp in a non-believing tone quickly exclaimed,
 “Well that is just too unrealistic! She thinks your writing is that good?”
            “Indeed she does,” I proclaimed, “I have proof if you would like to see.”
            “Fine lets she what you’ve got,” Mr. Van Camp smirked.
            “You see sir,” I told him, showing the picture of my homework framed on the wall with my mom standing on one side and myself on the other, “there it is hanging there.”
            “Then bring in the framed work!” He exclaimed, clearly frustrated.
            “Oh I did think of that but she won’t let me take it off the wall, she won’t even let me look at it for more than five seconds at a time!” I shouted
            “She won’t even let you look at it?”
            “Well if it’s around four seconds at a time I can,” I quickly stated
            “That’s preposterous!” Mr. Van Camp shouted, “I’m calling your parents and this better not happen again.”
            “I’m sorry,” I whimpered, “but please don’t call them I promise it won’t happen again! I’ll never let my mom read my homework again!”
            “Fine,” Mr. Van Camp muttered, “now leave.”

No comments:

Post a Comment